CPA Central, as the literal center of Club Penguin Armies, can act as a great resource for promotion for all Club Penguin Armies. This is what The Network is designed to do. Using our popularity and importance in the Club Penguin Army Community, we can help you promote YOUR army, whether it’s small or large, and all you have to do to join in is to promote CPA Central on a small level (adding our banner or RSS feed to your site).
How We’ll Promote Your Army
Add to the “Join an Army” Page
CPA Central comes up near the very top of most of the popular search terms on Google such as “Club Penguin Army” and “CP Armies.” This means that when possible new recruits search for a new army to join, they’ll be immediately directed to CPA Central. From there, these viewers are directed to the Join an Army page by the banner on the sidebar.
On the Join an Army page, we give each army in The Network their own section, where we list off their name, give the link to their site, their highlight, and their description. We allow YOU to write this information in the Application Form below.
Written About in “Army of the Week” Post
As a part of The Network, you’ll get to have your army become the Army of the Week. We systematically cycle through the armies that become the Army of the Week, so you’ll army will absolutely be selected at some point. Don’t worry, your army doesn’t have to be on the rise or have anything special going on with it recently, it simply needs to be a part of The Network.
As an Army of the Week, you’ll get a full length post about your army on CPA Central, that includes a section on the history of your army, your army’s current leadership, your recent events, an interview with one of your army’s leaders, a poll about your army, and a link to your army’s site. Don’t worry, you won’t have to supply this content; our authors will do all of the research themselves. This post will act as an incredible boost for your army in advertising, as it will be viewed at least 1,000 times over the week. This post will not only appear on the homepage, but will be even further featured through a widget on the sidebar that will link to the post.
“Army of the Week” Banner on Sidebar
While being an Army of the Week, your army will also get it’s banner on the sidebar of the CPA Central site for a week (of course, if you don’t have a banner, this won’t be possible). This banner will link to your site and will obviously generate a huge boost in stats for your army, if nothing else. The banner will remain on the sidebar for as long as your army is the Army of the Week.
What You Have to Do
To become a part of The Network, all you have to do is support CPA Central by adding our banner to your site OR by adding our RSS Feed. Here is how to do it:
- To add banner: You can choose from a large selection of CPA Central banners on the Banners page. Simply select the banner you’d like to use and copy the code below it. Paste this code in a Text widget on your army’s website.
- To add RSS feed: On the Widgets page of your army’s website, drag the widget titled “RSS” into the sidebar. Enter the link http://cparmycentral.com/feed into the first box and title the widget “CPA Central.” Select at least 3 items to display.
We will do regular checks of The Network sites to make sure the banner or RSS feed is still up (if it’s not, we’ll give you a warning, then take you off of The Network).
Join The Network
After you’ve added the CPA Central banner to your army’s site, fill out the following form in a comment on this post (a copiable version of the form is at the bottom of the page). Note that some of the fields below will be used to fill out your army’s section on the “Join an Army” page:
- Name: This should be your name as it appears on your army’s Ranks page
- Rank: This is the rank that you have in the army you’re applying to The Network
- Army Name: Name of the army you’re applying to The Network
- Army Website: Link to website you’re applying to The Network
- Army Highlight: This should be a single sentence about what the highlight of your army. What is it that sets your army appart from others? This sentence will use used to direct possible new recruits to your army as it will be used on the “Join an Army” page under your army. Once again, this should only ONE sentence.
- Army Description: This should be a short, 2 – 3 sentence description of your army that is 50 words or less. Try to describe your army’s creation, brief history, and perhaps what they’re known for. Click here for an example of what it should look like. Do NOT add comments like “Join now!” or “We’re the best army in Club Penguin!” as these will be removed from the paragraph. Make sure your description is 50 words or less or we will have to remove sections of it.
- Link to Banner: Provide a link to your army’s banner that you’d like to be displayed in the sidebar while they’re Army of the Week. This banner needs to be able to fit in our sidebar and needs to relate to your army. If you don’t have a banner, just say so and we won’t include one when you’re Army of the Week.
Here’s a copy of the form to paste into a comment:
- Army Name:
- Army Website:
- Army Highlight:
- Army Description:
- Link to Banner:
You’ll be able to check that you’ve been added to The Network by seeing that you’ve been added to the Join an Army page. Thanks for joining The Network!
Important: The Network is updated at the end of every month (although likely more often), so don’t be upset if your army isn’t added immediately.