Welcome to CPA Central (Club Penguin Army Central)! Our mission is literally in our name; to be a center for all Club Penguin Armies. We provide accurate information about all of the news around Club Penguin Armies, including wars, battles, and more, and give soldiers a place to comment an discuss the latest events with one another. Along with news, we also post a number of discussion starting posts, about various topics related to Club Penguin Armies. In fact, we let you have the chance to start these discussions with our YouWrite Philosophy program. In addition, we are responsible for hosting many of the large tournaments and events for various armies to participate in. Since our creation in 2009, CPA Central has become a vital piece of Club Penguin Armies, and hopefully, it will be able to serve you too.
What You’ll Find:
Here are the different types of posts that you’ll see on the CPA Central homepage:
- Army News: Our primary focus here at CPA Central is to inform our viewers of the latest Club Penguin Army News. That’s why you’ll find the majority of our posts focusing on the latest army battles and other information on wars, leadership changes, and other events. We work to make sure that we have the best reporters possible and make sure that we train them well so that they’ll post only the highest quality news. As a viewer, we want you to comment with your opinion on any of the latest news, to discuss them with other viewers.
- Philosophy: Here at CPA Central, we like to start up discussion among the army community as much as possible. That’s why we first created The Column – a section of our site that provide posts offerring a new perspective on major topics in Club Penguin warfare. To even further allow new and more interesting opinions, we actually allow YOU, the viewer, to write the posts! Just submit a post you have on the YouWrite Philosophy page and it may be published on CPA Central! See the page for more guidelines. We also hire a few philosophers to work an official job on the site.
- Top 10 Armies: Every week, CPA Central releases a new version of a feature we’ve become famous for: the Top 10 Armies. We take the time each week to rate each of the armies in Club Penguin and rank the Top 10 largest of them on a scale of size. Although we claim no “official word” on our Top 10 Armies, many armies use them as an official ranking system, or at least as an outline of their current position. We encourage you to comment on the posts with your opinion. The Top 10 Armies are released every Monday. View the archive.
- Tournaments: As we’ve made it one of our responsibilities in the army community to host tournaments that get armies together for fun and action, we reserved a category for our tournaments alone. We usually host around three tournaments every year, a giant tournament in the summer, a holiday tournament around Christmastime, and a smaller tournament during the Spring or Fall. Make sure to keep your eyes open for these tournaments, as they often involve almost all of the armies in Club Penguin.
- Site News: Although we try to keep our posting limited only to the above topics, sometimes it’s necessary for us to make an announcement regarding the site itself about a major update or other such item. Please take the time to read these posts, as they’re often important.
This site is run by a dedicated team of workers that are widely known throughout Club Penguin armies because of their experience.
Chief Executive Officer:
Chief of Staff:
- Chrisi Blule
- Dashing Snow
- Tap Dancer36
- Dae Master
Board of Directors:
- Woton [Chair]
If you’d like to apply to become a Reporter for CPA Central, you can do so here. All other positions require direct contact with site administration.
Staff Hall of Fame:
*Indicates CP Army Legend
The following section is dedicated to the most important staff members of CPA Central, who have played a massive role in this great site:
Founder and creator of CPA Central. Revolutionized Club Penguin warfare with his all new idea for the site. Created a large number of concepts that are still used to this day, including Top 10 Armies, the Army Resources, and the style of posting army news, to name a few. Was able to keep his head cool and save the site when it got hacked for the first time. Returned to CPA Central in April of 2011 to lead the site for a while, and retired once again in August. In 2012 returned for a short period of time to oversee a complete overhaul of the site, self-hosting it and creating various new features that lead the site towards the future. Currently, as Chairman of the Board of Trustees, Woton is actively a member of the CPA Central creative process, constantly checking up with the CEOs and managing a large majority of the behind-the-scenes work.
Helped create the site along with Woton, and was the Secondary Head for a while before he left. Helped maintain order and run the site for its first months of operation. Reported often and helped keep the site active. He returned to CPAC in 2012, working under Blue1 and Blue2, and was one of the most active and best reporters CPAC had seen in a while. While Puckley had to retire shortly after the end of the Summer to focus on the Nachos, he is still an active part of the community as a Board Member.
Has been with the site longer than any other, being its Graphic Designer since the beginning. Designed the site’s graphics and made CPA Central a leader in Club Penguin Army’s continual improvements and recognition of the importance of exceptional graphics. Retired July 2011.
Lead as a Secondary Head with Woton and was very active and helped keep the site going. He did an excellent job, and kept CPAC alive at a steady pace. After a few months, however, he retired.
Also a Secondary Head, but helped run the site with Ias when Woton disappeared. He acted as the third Head of Site unofficially and helped save it from a deep depression before he retired. Eventually came back as a Secondary Head for a few months under Sklooperis in 2011.
Fourth person to run CPA Central. He ran the site alone when Woton disappeared and Godplaya had retired, with only Sklooperis helping him as a temporary Secondary Head. Iasgae Ran the site through the Legends Cup, the largest tourney in CP Army History at that time. He is remembered mostly for his sense of humor and good personality. The Legends Cup is now a staple of CPAC, with one held every summer, it is the biggest and most prestigious tournament in armies.
Fifth person to run CPA Central. Created the Legends Page and the Servers Page. Sklooperis served as head during CPAC’s second hack, and helped restore many of the posts that were lost. He took over the site when Iasgae disappeared, before becoming the official Head. Sklooperis led CPAC into one of itsmost prosperous times, and also created the formula now used to make the Top Ten. Retired February 2011. Holds the record for 3rd longest time as a staff member.
Seventh person to run CPA Central along side Sir Bluesockwa2. Funks was in CPAC for one year until he got Head of Site, and helped restore much of the site following the second hack. He ran the site with Sir Blue for three weeks when Woton was on holiday before becoming the official Head of Site. Funks led CPAC through it’s most difficult time alongside Blue2. He retired in June of 2o12, upon recieveing ACP 2ic, just before the final completion of the new site and the beginning of CPAC’s new generation. Funks created several of CPAC’s well known tournaments, including the Scary Showdown, Spring Shindig, and Christmas Chaos. Holds the record for 2nd longest time as a staff member.
Seventh person to run CPA Central along side Kingfunks4. Served as a staff member for more time than anyone in the site’s history, currently at 2 years. Originally a reporter under Ias, Bluesockwa2 became Secondary Head under Sklooperis and quickly rose to prominence. Helped restore much of the site following the 2nd hack. Was promoted to Head of Site with Kingfunks4 following Woton’s 2nd Retirement. Led the site through it’s most difficult time alongside Funks, when viewer dissatisfaction ran high and chaos was abundant. Eventually pulled the site through and helped to greatly modernize CPAC, bringing forth several new features and revolutionizng CPAC’s internal security program. Later, as Bluesockwa1 filled the Co-Head spot, the two led the site through one of its most difficult times internally, where hacks and other threats ran high. He and Bluesockwa1 led CPAC into a completely generation with a brand new site and software, and helped to bring CPAC back to prominence and into one of its most prosperous times. Currently Head of Site.
Eighth person to run CPA Central alongside his brother Blue2. He was in CPAC for almost one year, working under Woton, and later Funks and Blue2. He helped keep CPAC active, and was quickly promoted to Secondary Head because of that, where he remained for eight months until being promoted to Head alongside Bluesockwa2. Led the site through one of its most difficult times internally, where hacks and other threats ran high. He and Bluesockwa2 led CPAC into a completely new generation with a brand new site and software, and lead the site through its most successful time in history, where views reached around 80,000 per month. Currently Head of Site.
There are a couple of basic rules around the site. Usually, if you break one of them, it’s not too huge of a deal and a moderator will just not approve or edit part of your comment, but still, try to refrain from breaking them:
- No Disrespectful Behavior: The most basic rule we have is to simply treat others with respect. Very simply, if you don’t have something good to say to someone, don’t say it at all. We have many different viewers of different ages, races, nationalities, genders, and sexualities. Everyone should feel welcome here. Any words used in a derogatory way to insult any of these characteristics of a viewer is strictly prohibited.
- No Vulgar Language: There is absolutely no vulgar language allowed on the site. That includes every major swear word, and also some other very insulting words. You are not allowed to just edit out one letter of a swear word in your comment by using a *. Your comment will be caught in a spam filter and deleted. Also, using the word “gay” in a derogatory and insulting way will not be allowed.
- No Arguing: We love having people debate in the comments on the posts on here at CPA Central, but sometimes it gets to a point where it just becomes arguing. We will let at least some arguing slide, since debating is arguing to a point, but once your comments start becoming personal, we will first ask you to simply stop and if you don’t then we’ll most likely IP ban you from the site for a couple of days. Ex: If your comments start to turn from “well, I don’t really agree with the tactics your army uses” to “your army sucks,” then we’ll start taking action.
- No Complaining: The title of this doesn’t really explain everything, so let me elaborate. The staff of this site work incredibly hard on this site and, well, we don’t really get paid anything to do it. So it’s very annoying when people start complaining about the site, such as saying “This post is so biased OMG!” or “Why isn’t the Top 10 Armies here yet it’s been like 5 hours!” or “Why isn’t this page updated, I said like 2 days ago I wanted it updated!” If you do that, the authors will get very annoyed, and it is the fastest way to get IP banned from the site if you do it a second time after a warning.
- No Advertising: There is absolutely no advertising allowed on the site. The only exception is if there is an error on a post or page, or if you trying to help someone out, by giving them a link to something. Also, if a contest asks for a link you may give one. If you attempt to advertise, your comment will simply have the link edited out of it.
Make sure to follow these site rules! Although the punishments aren’t too strict, if you do break one there is a consequence!