Nathancool1: Today someone who claimed to be a member of IATW said they will be hacking the Nacho chat at 6 p.m GMT tomorrow. It is no fake. They found out everyone’s IP address in less than 3 seconds. Watch out guys IATW are back :o
Boomer: IATW is still down/out of a site, possibly because Joe might be in the middle of being sued by Disney (seriously), so it’s likely either just a good hacker or an old member of IATW who is bored. IATW isn’t back, but just be careful of hackers in general.
Nathancool1: I’m sorry, I have been very inactive. From now on I will try to make 1-2 posts a week.
BEFORE YOU READ, I AM LOOKING FOR REPORTERS. FIND ME ON ACP CHAT.
The Final Apology
I’m sure you’re all getting tired of the dramatic posts, but if things don’t go well after this, you won’t need to be hearing any more. At least from me. And no, I’m not retiring, at least not yet.
Before I get to the changes I’m making, I want to apologize one final time for how the site’s quality has been lately. As it turns out, there seem to be absolutely no good reporters around anymore. I was under the impression that I could be in charge of the Top 10’s, the site’s operation, the reporters, and the occasional post, and leave most of the actual reporting to reporters. That only makes sense, since it’s even the name of their job. I guess I was wrong. As it turns out, either I need to post 4-5 times a week, or posts are very scarce.
It’s ridiculous you guys. We have 19 people on this site that have reporting jobs. Even if you each posted 4 times a month, we would be having 2-3 posts a day, but you all can’t even amount to THAT?
Absolutely pathetic. And there will be no more of it.
The Fired Staff
Before I get started on my firing rant, I have to say, no, some of you may not have been given warnings, but I don’t care. It’s too late to apologize ( :o ).
Here are the fired employees-
Tomb147 - No posts
Pie1530 - I already talked to you
Lsund - No posts and low quality posts
Albaro Lord - Low quality posts and many complaints
Kyl - No posts
San Chivas – Hardly any posts since you were hired. I have no time for that anymore, even if you’re new.
Lorenzo Bean - It’s not that your posts are bad, but I want to get this site back to reporting. If you want a reporting job instead, come find me on ACP Chat.
Yeah. That’s 7 people. The only one’s a slightly sympathize with are San and Lorenzo – I’m just trying to cut down on reporters. The rest of you – not at all. You either didn’t post, or didn’t listen to all of the great constructive criticism. I gave you all enough chances.
The New Standards
Time to have a bit of an upgrade =3.
I think the 500 word minimum on posts has been doing well, so it’s time to add a few more things.
Minimum Requirements for All Staff
- The 500 words per post rule still stands
- Any posts with bad grammar will be drafted
- Any posts that are biased will be drafted – NO GIVING JUDGEMENT. YOU ARE HERE TO REPORT.
- All reporters must post at least 6 times a month.(4 a month for Historians)
- This rule has no exceptions. And if you break this rule for 2 months in a row, you are fired. That includes posting 5 times a month for 2 months. YOU NEED 6.
- At least 4 of the 6 posts must be about battles and vital info.
- Battles and Vital Info is defined as: Wars, Practice Battles, Invasions, Interviews(should be part of the larger post), and large army changes such as coups.
You must follow these. If you break any of these rules for 2 months in a row, you will be fired.
The Format Options
So, now I’m offering YOU, the readers, some options on what way you think would be best to run the site. There are 3 formats to chose from:
- 3+ Posts per day (21+ Per Week)
- Less tournaments (2-3 Per Year)
- Less user interaction (YOP’s would basically be it)
- Less detailed posts
- 1-2 Posts per day (About 10 Per Week)
- Some Tournaments (3 Per Year)
- Some user interaction (YOP’s and voting posts often)
- Average detail in posts
- 1 Post most days (About 5 Per Week)
- Many Tournaments (4-5 Per Year)
- A lot of user interaction (YOP’s, voting posts, contests, etc.)
- Very detailed posts.
Simple enough, yes?
The Final Promise
Like I said before, I’m done.
I’m getting tired, so here’s my final promise: If I am not able to restore CPA Central to it’s high standards that we all miss, I will retire from CPA Central and hand the site over to someone else.
I will give myself until New Years to do this. The day I post the Yearly Awards Voting, I will also post a poll with whether I should stay on the site or not. If a large percentage say I should leave, then I will.
- Sklooperis: Head of Site
Filed under: Uncategorized